image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Let it begin.

Well, it's official.

I'm back!

It's good to finally have finished designing this blog and getting it ready to go for the school year. It took me a few months, but I'm excited to get back in the swing of things--at least here on blogger.

I'll ease back into things with a really short blog. I promise to catch you up with my life since the mission in my next blog.

This weekend has been challenging. Between allergies, Glee-Y-U callbacks, and a series of preventable mistakes, my weekend started out fairly far from pristine.

Yesterday was definitely one of those days--not even worth the time to mention.

But today--today was good.

The Brigham City temple dedication was today, and it was a really great, new experience. Unfortunately, it was fairly early and the building was extremely warm, so I was only awake for about half of the session. Regardless, I enjoyed it much.

Afterwards, Tyler, Spencer, Christian, and Dave, some old mission buddies, came over and we made some Filipino food for our little reunion today. It was so great to spend time with them just like the good days wearing shirt and ties, listening to EFY, and cooking Filipino food. We had a lot of fun reminiscing and enjoying each other's company. The friends you make on the mission are irreplaceable.

 It was good to be reminded today of my mission.


After the reunion, I spent a really good amount of time with one of my really good friends, Matt Olson, that I met in the MTC and caught up for the first time in a couple years. By mere coincidence, we ran into each other at the mission reunion which was quite the surprise!

And then as soon as Matt left, I had to hurry and make dinner for my best friend Mat and his now fiancé, Libby. They had me over for dinner last week, so I offered to make them dinner this week to pay them back. It's been great to be back together with Mat after three years and I'm so happy for the two of them to get married. They are definitely going to change the world.

Finally right after, I went to a dessert party which wasn't exactly what I expected it to be. Just a lot of immature college kids who are living the shallow, high school life still. Megan and I left not after too long because we were tired of getting looked at like we weren't good enough to be there.
The theme of the weekend seemed to be that regardless of whatever plans you may have, things, more often then not, do not go the way you would like them to. I've made my share of mistakes, big and small, but I've found that the important part is that you learn to let them build you. Attitude is paramount. Sitting down and pouting, hoping that things will change without putting forth effort is just as useless as making wishes. Regardless the situation and how bad things seem, things always get better faster if you move forward in the right direction with your chin up. 
Sometimes the dreams and aspirations we have seem like they are impossible when we just sit in the haze of our mistakes, but fortunately, impossible things are happening everyday.
It's good to be back. I'm ready to begin again.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment