image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

All is well.

It's crazy how time flies by and you realize all the days you took for granted when life was grand.

I'm really going to miss my time here in Helaman Halls. The dorms have been such an awesome experience; I would life a whole other year here if that were acceptable haha. A lot of people get sick of them really fast, but I don't see what's not to love. I can't believe that very soon my whole dorm experience will be over.

The past couple of days have really opened my eyes I think. Not having a healthy leg to walk on made me think about how good I actually have it. When you truly do count your blessings life is that much easier to live.

Sunday was an awesome day. Church meetings were phenomenal as usual. I'm really going to miss being in freshman wards; the talent and the company will just never be the same. Brother Honeycutt really hit the soft spot on my heart this Sunday. I'll never forget our very first Sunday, just a little over a month ago, walking into the room and pointing out to Chandler his smiling face. He was so happy to see all of us; none of which did he previously know. After getting to know him, as well as each member of the bishopric, I have realized how blessed I've been to be able to get to know each of them. I've learned more from Bishop Grant than I've learned from any other bishop that I've ever had. Being a middle school principal and always being around kids makes for an amazing bishop. Brother Holbrook is just always so genuinely happy, and always wants to find a good conversation to have with you. He's the nice guy, that you can tell is just naturally slow to anger (that's definitely not me haha). And of course Brother Honeycutt. His stories, his testimony, and his pure love and care will never leave my memory. On Sunday he talked about how although we are all excited to go home, the bishopric would be really sad to watch us leave. Well, I know that I'm going to be extremely sad to leave this ward and probably will shed more than many tears when I have to say goodbye to the people I've met this semester. When I got up there I talked about how I wanted to be just like them one day, maybe not in profession, but in the manner of caring that they've showed us. Bishoprics in the future are going to have a really rough time topping this one.

Chandler and I just spent the whole rest of the day together, after he went to dinner of course, and then went hometeaching. Lyndsey is so awesome to hometeach because she actually is intrigued to put her two cents into the lesson and that helps a lot. Afterwards we were invited by Megan and Tori for dessert at some random apartment which ended up being way fun. Chan and I hit some pretty odd radio stations on the way there haha but it was good. The desserts were awesome; I especially loved the chocolate covered strawberries. It started to rain as we were walking back so we hurried back home and crashed the rest of the night in the room. I had an unexpected visitor that night that was really nice to catch up with as tempting as the situation was.

Yesterday was my first and hopefully last day on campus with crutches. I hate these crutches. My armpits hurt, my hands are bruised, and they make traveling so... slow. So I'm going to not use them today--hopefully. Anyway, I sent out the billion letters that I wrote the night before to all my friends on missions and then had lunch with Bryce, her dad, Alex, and Blake. After, I headed to class-it-up and had a pleasant surprise finding Adds was finally home. It's been a long weekend without him so I'm really glad he's back. He had a great time from what I've heard at Cedar City and I'm a bit jealous but really happy that he did. He's been working really hard this whole semester so he really deserved it.

We had our last ward activity last night which was really sad. We had loads of pizza, music, and fun games. It was chill and a nice way to spend our last FHE all together as one big ward family. Even though it's only been seven weeks, I feel like I've known these kids forever. I've gotten way closer than I have to nearly anyone I was friends with over Fall and Winter and I wish we could have just a little more time together, but let's be logical. I'll take the good memories we've made as well as the strong friendships and make them last a life time. Here's some pictures and what some people decided to do with my crutches haha.



Afterwards, Lynds and I went to go get shaved ice from that awesome place and then I waddled over to the library because I thought Addison was there. I should have assumed though, that since he wasn't answering my calls, he was playing basketball haha. Oh well, I still have yet to learn how to quit doubting my insticts and go with them. I need to practice that Julie B. Beck quote more often. I got a couple pleasant phone calls while I procrastinated at the library though. Tori had called and told me that she had something for me and was wondering if she could drop it off. My heart jumped as tears came to my eyes. No one had ever done anything like that for me. I mean granted, I don't really get hurt often, but the thought really touched my heart. So I called her back and she came to pick me up at the library. She told me that she couldn't focus on her homework so she decided (since I was in love with the chocolate covered strawberries the night before) that she wanted to make me some chocolate covered strawberries. I was lost out of words and fighting back every tear that came to my face. To know that someone actually thinks of you, enough to do something to make it known to you, could possibly be the best feeling on the planet. I couldn't thank her enough; it truly made my night.

Well, come to find out that Adds was of course playing basketball (duh) hence the eight-some-odd missed calls that he didn't return haha. Got to catch up with him for a bit, then I decided to quit being annoying and headed back down to the room because Chan wanted Wendy's. Chan and I have the best times driving around in his car; I'm going to miss living with this kid so much. I wish we could've been roommates the whole year. You just have to get to know him; there aren't many more genuine people on this earth like him.

After we got back from Wendy's I skyped the little bro, folded my laundry, and got to bed. It's really funny how many things, especially now blogging about it all now, are really just going so well in my life. Although there are bad times, the good times definitely weigh them out with no competition. I love my life and my friends right now. All is truly well.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment