image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Smile because it happened.

Lesson for today: life happens and here's the secret - ya gotta be positive about it dangit.

I know, it's profound.


Today was... good? I don't know why I'm asking you a question but yeah! I dragged Chandler and Hannah  to devotional today which was definitely worth the time. Afterwards we had probably the best lunch I've had all year with Jesse - reuniting them 52nd wardies. We had the most amazing conversation about... the second coming hahahahahaha. Only at BYU right? It was way funny. My favorite line was from Hannah; it went a little something like this:

Yeah the moment you hear of the apostles going to Jerusalem, you know everyone's going to be like crap... hey bishop can I talk to you for a minute!
What a way to spend lunch. Made me miss the old ward a bit but what else is new.

New testament - shoot me. That class is like drinking out of a fire hydrant while trying to take a nap. I think Jesse had to wake me up three times.

Weights - awesome, although I wish we still had structured workouts.

Psychology... you wanna guess? I absolutely hated it haha. Our professor is... goodness I'm not even going to get into that again. I spent the class looking up temples and sleeping.

Afterwards, Lynds, Chan, and I went to L & L Hawaiian BBQ Grill... it was amazing. I haven't had good Hawaiian food in a really long time. It's always a good time with those kids. The pairing of Lyndsey and either Chandler or Addison is just always hilarious.

Ward prayer was... a bit disappointing. For the last ward prayer, I thought it would at least be, I don't know, memorable? Oh well haha. It was still good, just not characteristic to the occasion.

Needless to say, bad things happen and they always happen all at once. A very good friend once told me not to make mole-hills into mountains.  I have my share of bad days, but as the bishop told us a couple weeks back, the secret to life is to try to be positive about everything. Despite the bad times that come around, it's all about the way you look at things and the fact that you remember the important things in life. Never forget what matters most, and surround yourself with that.

I think what's been hitting me the most lately is the fact that everything as of next week is going to dramatically change. I don't do well with change; never have, never will. Thinking about it has really slowed me down; haven't been able to study, haven't been able to do anything. I worry. I worry a lot. Right now, mostly about losing the great friends I've made here - especially this semester. I've lost so many in the past that I'm just not ready to lose the ones I have now. "It's whatever" though. Change is the only constant. You take what life deals you and you can embrace it or hate it. Sometimes it's hard, but that's when it's most rewarding.

For me, I know that I just need to realize that goodbye is never permanent and that the friendships I've made this semester, especially Lyndsey, Addison, and Chandler, are not going to be over. Although it stinks, things work out - they always do. Come what may and love it.

And if all else fails: remember this Dr. Suess quote.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Chandler's quote of the day: you'd make a great mother.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment