image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Buckle up, I'm back.



Goodness, blogger has been retarded so I haven't been able to post for awhile. I finally decided to get smart and fix everything though so not to worry, I am back for good.


I wish I could recap what an eventful two weeks it's been but that's not really necessary I guess... er well at least to have to cover everything. I'll do my best to catch you up though.

Last weekend was pretty chill for the most part. I didn't end up going home but I had a really great time with all my pals up here in Provo. Friday was a slump day; got absolutely nothing done. I snoozed through the majority of class, went to lunch with Lynds and Adds then messed around for the rest of the day pretty much.
My and Addison's Carrie Underwood posters finally came in after nearly three weeks of waiting. It was definitely an amazing moment for both of us haha. So we posted them up and took these sweet pics as Megan and Bri did haha. I am so happy that my room is finally complete with it. She is simply the most amazing person ever. A modest, beautiful, country, all-American girl. What more could you ask for? Anyway afterwords we went and found a car place to get Adds' car to so that could all be taken care of and then we came back and played some beach sand volleyball with Chan and Jesse. We actually got some pretty good rally's going I thought because I'm absolutely horrible at volleyball. When we were finished, we went to Jdawgs and got dinner and then went and had what seemed like unlimited samples at Spoon It Up. While we were there we rearranged the place and watched the Celtics game haha. It's so much easier and interesting to watch basketball since I've been taking the class. I was actually completely intrigued the whole game and didn't want to go; that's quite a shock considering myself haha. Anyway, Megan met up with us so we all crammed back into Chan's car and came back to Budge and played the most intense game of Foosball that this planet has ever seen haha. It's alright though because Megan and I totally owned Addison and Chandler whether or not they decided to play the cheap way and spin the whole time haha. After we realized there was only so much fun that four people could have, so we all headed over to Megan's friend's place to place some games and chill. I had quite the pleasant surprise to find Becca there! It was so nice to see a familiar face that I had grown to be really close to this past year since NSO as there aren't many people left here. We played some really fun games and had some good riddles that really twirked at Chandler, Addison, and Megan's brains. It was quite fun to be on the administering end of that haha. It was way funny to get to the point that Addison was so tired that he was just saying the most retarded things that were actually really funny haha. Love that kid. As time got late we left and hit the hay.

Saturday was started with a whopping three hour temple trip. We didn't get back until noon which was definitely not expected. There wasn't much to Saturday. I got the library at two and slept until Addison got there around four haha. We got a lot done I think and had a great dinner that night (haha). When we got back to the dorms I was so tired that I accidently fell asleep on Addison's bed and didn't find that out until I woke up the next morning. It was pretty funny actually. Since I fell asleep in his bed he (well slept on the floor first which I felt terrible for) went to sleep in my bed which confused the schnuff outta Chan haha.

Sunday could have quite possibly been one of the greatest Sundays that I have ever sat through. Sacrament meeting had such an awesome line up of speakers, Addison gave a great Sunday school lesson, and the final hour was great to hear from the whole bishopric. The rest of the day was way chill. We had dinner a bit late and then watched some funny Dat Phan clips. This one was our favorite I think (right?).

Then we got some homework done and watched the 3 Ninjas which was way awesome. I used to love that movie when I was little. The rest of the night was a bit on the rough side so Adds moved his mattress into our room for the night because I refused to let him sleep on the floor again.

We didn't wake up until 11:30am the next day... no bueno. I had so much to study for and Megan invited us to go to this rope swing in Mona at 12:30pm. I think everyone was planning on me to get up early and wake everyone up to get homework done before then... well that didn't happen haha. So we all got up and tried to prepare for the day. I decided not to bail and just go. It was so much fun and I'm really, really happy that I didn't flake.
It seemed like everyone else did though as there were only four of us that went: me, Addison, Megan, and her cousin Tori. We had such an awesome time. The rope swing was pretty scary but so much fun! Ironically, I think the hardest part was letting go. I'll let the video speak for itself.




After we went to this small burger place which turned out to be really, really good! We got stuck in traffic on the way back but made it back somehow. When we got back me and Adds went to the library and studied for all of two hours and then went back to hangout with Tori and Megan at their apartment. They made popcorn (after Addison burned a whole back... like legit burned haha) for us and we watched the movie The Blind Side which could possibly be my favorite movie of all time. We didn't end up leaving until super late so class was a bit hard to get up for the next morning... in fact I snoozed straight through it haha. Probably didn't help that Addison and I stayed up til nearly three talking, but oh well.

Tuesday was the epitome of stress. Three tests in one day completely fried my brain. New testament, to pdbio, to psychology... a;lsdkfj;salkjf is how my head was. Ward prayer was a bit of a humiliation. Chan and I performed this Carrie Underwood song that, well, didn't come out exactly how we had practiced it, but that's anything I guess. Ward choir sounded amazing that night though. Chan and I made the best trip to Wendy's that night too haha. He let me drive and I think the guy thought we were drunk because driving stick in a drive-thru for me just was not a good idea haha. Chan said he thought we were in rocketship? Gues you had to be there. We were up forever again that night waiting for someone that never showed up.

Wednesday, was for sure a fun day. Addison dipped on weights so we needed to make up for his lack of physical activity and played none other but volleyball again which was way awesome. Everyone tried to work on their tan while I tried to de-tan. It's really nice that the weather is finally shaping up though. I can actually say that it's legitimately warm in Utah - how weird. Afterwards we had a shower party and then went to the library to study.

Thursday was hyped with the Celtics/Lakers game and it seemed like every other status or text message I viewed was about the game. I'm kind of biased to the Celtics because of Addison and the fact that I really just don't know much about basketball haha. We ended up going over to Spencer's for food and the game which was way cool and then just hit up the library again for the rest of the night.

This weekend has been pretty good to my surprise. Thought it'd be hard not being able to be at my friend's funeral but it's actually been not bad at all. Yesterday I went out to Los Hermanos with Tori and experienced fried ice cream for the first time. Dinner was really great and we found out so much to be able to relate to. Band geeks? Sold. Probably one of the best dinner conversations I've been able to have in a really long time. She's just so easy to talk to and get along with so I really can't complain; she's an amazing, amazing girl. Afterwards we got a bunch of people and went to "Jump On It" this trampoline covered place because I was determined to learn some tricks from Remington.
Will without fail and my bad luck, my first attempt at a back flip landed me right on my neck and in a funky-enough position that tore a ligament in my knee so I pretty much screwed myself over with that one haha. Everyone else had a great time though and the guys were just busting out tricks left and right. Afterwards we hit up some awesome shakes at Sammy's. By then my knee was so swollen that Chase had to carry me back to the car and to our room. What an experience.

Today was awesome, and it's not over just yet. We got up early and went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple which was absolutely gorgeous inside. I still can't get over it. It was like a 5-Star temple! It was great to have the bishopric there and so many people show up. I even saw Laina there! What a great surprise! Afterwards we all went to In-n-Out and got our fix for food.
Then Lyndsey and I headed to the hospital and spent a good chunk of the afternoon in the emergency getting my knee looked at. Nothing was broken (thank goodness) and it took them long enough to figure that out haha. We ended up watching the Notebook in the room I was in and the nurses were nice enough to get us some cookies to settle our hunger. The guy said I tore a ligament in my knee and just need to get an orthopedic surgeon to "sculp" it (which was basically a fancy word for drain I guess?). Other than that, no big deal, should be back to normal soon. So much for basketball though. On our way back Lyndsey and I hit up the Hokulia shaved ice place right by the dorms for the best shaved ice I know that I've ever had. The ladies were so nice, I'd go back just to see them. I've just been messing around since then basically. Had dinner than went to the duck pond with Blake, Bryce, and Alex and we're about to go see a movie in a bit.

I can't believe this semester is already almost over. It literally just started and I'm sad that its ending so fast. I feel like I've made closer friends this semester than I have made nearly all year. I haven't had a good, solid friend like Addison in a really long time and it's nice to have someone to be able to depend on and have around to know that not only my back's covered but I have someone to always hangout with. Not to mention I have the best roommate ever. I just don't want it to end yet and we really only have a little more than a week left. This whole college experience has without a doubt been the best experience of my life so far.

Home sounds good... but maybe I can hold out for a bit longer.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment