image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

What you don't need.

This blog will be short and sweet.

This week was the shortest-long week ever. It was Thanksgiving week! Monday and Tuesday were extremely short and irrelevant.

Wednesday I headed home and had such a great weekend!

First Thanksgiving meal of the day at Farah's.
I have been looking forward to this Thanksgiving weekend for years. It's been strange being in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving and was really nice to be home and around family. It was nothing but lots of family time, fun, shopping, and holiday stuff. Couldn't ask for the weekend to be much better!




Getting ready for Santa!
Facetime-ing my baby cousin in Hawaii.

You'll be getting some of these in the mail!




























So What?
After all the shopping and responding to the what-do-you-want-for-Christmas questions, a quote continually popped into my head that I retweeted a few days back from Dallin H. Oaks that reads:

 "You can never get enough of what you don’t need, because what you don’t need won’t satisfy you." 
How often I thought of how I try to fill my life with things I think that I need, but don't, and realize that the life I'm trying to fill isn't becoming whole.

Now What?
I've realized this weekend the most fulfilling things in life are found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ which ultimately revolves around my family. Everything in life revolves around family. Getting an education to be able to support a family. Being obedient to help to bless my family. Working hard to thank my family. It's all about family. Forget the clothes, the popular kids, and the irrelevant ranks. Maybe on some people's standards I'm not succeeding in life with priorities I have, but my life is full and filled with the things I need--realizing and accepting that is the challenge.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment