image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Court, Heather, & Ned.

Provo is currently experiencing a scorching 52 degrees and the grass, I'm sure, is aware. I walked through Helaman yesterday and thought I was at the beach. People laying out on blankets tanning and playing frisbee... its just been winter for far too long. Feeling 88 degrees in Arizona this weekend is just going to be unbelievable.

Now that its finally getting warm again though, its pretty hard to believe that freshman year here at BYU has come to a close... well for most anyway. I'll be here for one more semester so I can actually experience the warmth here in Provo. It's been a good year, but its not time to recap just yet.

I was able to catch up with a few good friends yesterday which was quite the pleasure. But lets rewind a little further first.

Courtney aka "Court"
On Monday I noticed that Courtney was online and thought it would be great to catch up with her. Courtney was my historian last year that was nothing short of a miracle on the creativity scale. My council was pretty much a genius work of complimentary qualities last year, me being the exception. While Courtney had the ideas, Emily had the work ethic and was great with keeping track of our money and leveling out the council during heated discussion, Marie was always there for support and was the heart of the council--she was basically my wing-woman, and of course my VP Crew how could we forget, our handyman not afraid to put out blunt ideas and add for comedic relief. Where did I fit in? I honestly didn't have much to offer, I had the big picture ideas and they filled in the blanks. It was always so funny whenever we'd have to make decisions on big things. I knew what I wanted always. First I'd always ask what everyone else wanted to do and it was always a unanimous, "It's whatever you want to do!" Until... I brought up my ideas. For example:

Eric: Guys what color do you guys want to wear for our group picture.
Crew: I don't care.
Courtney: Doesn't matter to me.
Marie: Whatever you want to wear.
Emily: I'm fine with whatever.
Eric: Okay, let's all wear white?
Courtney: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no. Absolutely not. Let's pick another color.
Crew: I don't own white. (Eric: Yeah you do.)
Marie: Yeah I'm not really a fan of white.
Emily: Well yeah I don't like white either...
Courtney: How about black?
Unanimous: YES!

Oh how I miss that. Anyway back to Court. See I'm lazy when it comes to names so usually if a person's name is longer than one syllable, I shorten it. But that's neither here nor there. Court is one of those girls that through thick and thin, will always be there. I needed to make a Walmart run that night and she was more than willing to arrange. That meant a lot to me. We talked about high school and how different our lives our now... also her strange UVU singles ward even though she's at BYU haha. She's always great to talk to because she always agrees and knows exactly what you're thinking. I'm sad I've only seen her twice the whole year but I'm glad she's doing well.

Heather
Got a text the other night asking if I was busy Tuesday from this lovely lady. Even if I did have plans, I would've cancelled to spend the night with her but I didn't so it was convenient. She wanted to go see the BYU Philharmonic and knew I'd love it being musical and all. Truly, I'm not a fan of orchestra music but the caliber that the phil plays at is just so amazing that I was down to go anyway.

I met Heather the second night here at BYU in Taylor lobby. Some girls were just playing a random game with Uno cards where you hit yourself and me being across the room acknowledging her beauty, thought I'd go storm in and introduce myself. Ever since  we've always made it an effort to go on runs together, go to concerts together, go on dates together, and go to meals together. She's been one of those friends that I don't see often but everytime I do, it's great.

The concert was amazing. It was a night of concertos (soloist accompanied by orchestra) and these performers were just top of the line, amazing. I was just jawdropped throughout most of the concert, especially with the pianists. We were able to catch up a little and just spend time with eachother and the best part is, I didn't even have to ask.

Ned 
Oh Ned. Ned and I had dinner together yesterday. He's really one of a kind. You really just have to know him. He's just Ned, enough said.

Anyway, tonight I'm going to see As You Like It a Shakespearean comedy here on campus with Erika and this guy I met on pure night named Jaten. I'm not really a Shakespeare person but it was a good excuse to catch up with some good friends. I'm pretty excited, it should be a good. I'm catching up with Josh later today too which will be great to go back to my old hall for a little. I also was able to talk to Sean for a bit last night to get some positive reinforcement on my life... where would we be without Sean? Sometimes you just need a person to tell you how it is the way he does, give you solutions to problems, and remind you that they love you.

All in all
Good day planned ahead, good day in store, make it a great day or not, the choice is yours.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. My sister really is amazing, isn't she? I'm lucky to have her.

    ReplyDelete