image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Every semester has to have a bad weekend.

Sometimes you just gotta get slapped in the face.

Of course every semester at BYU needs to have at least one weekend that is just an epic fail. Well, that happened to be this weekend for Spring semester.

Friday I spent nearly the whole day studying and catching up in school which felt just amazing. I haven't studied that hard in a really long time. Me and Addison were in the library studying from basically 2pm to 9pm and with the exception of a few naps here in there; I think it's safe to say that we got a lot done. Naps were okay though, because we went to IHOP and were out until 2am the night before so it was definitely necessary and acceptable. Victoria and I had planned to round up everyone and go disco skating that night so we all met at their place around 10:30pm and headed over... but minor detail. Neither of us decided to check the hours and they actually close at 10 on Fridays. Wow. What a failure. So we ended up just going to the Malt Shop and then hanging out and watching Ms. Congeniality at the girls' apartment. To top it all off, I left my keys in Rick's car so I had to climb through a window to get back into the hall.

Yesterday was a bit on the rough side as the day went on. I got up early to go to the temple with the wardies and went for the first time ever since I got endowed last week. It was really awesome because I got to perform all the ordinances. It was definitely a great experience and I'm really glad I went. After we got a group of people and went to Tucanos which was absolutely amazing. It was exactly like my favorite restaurant in Vegas called Rum Jungle where they just serve you rounds and rounds of meat and such until you tell them to stop. There was also a "salad festival" (no not a salad bar) and great drinks. We all had a really good time although I couldn't remember whether or not I had certain things. I was pretty much stuffed for the rest of the day after that.

Afterwards I came back to the room and just chilled and sent some people some texts to see what they were up to. Hours passed an still none of my friends responded so I decided to go on a run through the rain and get a haircut. Finally Chandler got home and I had a bit of a rude awakening. It's one thing for your friends not to text back, but its another when they're all out without you having fun and no one thought to invite you. Apparently everyone had been at this barbeque and played volleyball for the whole afternoon while I sat in my room and just waited for someone to invite me to something.

Do I get hurt easily? For the most part, no. But when it comes to being left out of things, definitely. Sure it wasn't a big deal, but it was to me and it will be for a really long time. Everything eventually worked out [nearly twelve hours later], but they did nonetheless. It was just a reminder of an old high school lesson that Lauren and I used to talk about all the time.
Learn to depend on yourself, because you are all you'll ever have.
I know there was no mal-intent to anything and that it was just a fluke. People make mistakes and I acknowledge that. I don't hold grudges but at the same time I don't just forget. I guess what really just hurts the most is that I work really hard to be good friends to people in hopes that they'll do the same for me, but well, friendships don't come without hardship and I guess we'll all just learn from this one.

I had to give a talk in church today... about patience. It was a bit ironic because one of the speakers decided that he was going to talk for twenty minutes even though he was only supposed to talk for ten, and on top of that the bishopric decided they were going to add one more speaker to the program. I planned the program today, and that officially screwed everything up. To top it all off, I was last and nearly everyone was fed up with sitting there listening to talks. Some how though I got through my whole talk in half the time I planned so things worked out.

After Sunday school, Blake, Bowman, Natalie, and I drove up to Blake's farewell in Draper. He gave such an amazing talk and I'm really glad I got the opportunity to go. His mom made some amazing lasagna and great food in general for all of us. It was so nice to be able to have a home-cooked Italian meal (since Babs is going to Italy) and be in good company with old friends from Fall semester. I'll miss him a bunch but I know he'll do great. And also, his new haircut looks freaking awesome.

Well it's nap time now. Sunday just wouldn't be the same without one.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment