image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Hey there, nice to see ya.

Oh hey there! Come on in, I haven't seen you in awhile. How've you been? Yeah, I should be studying but its alright, we can talk for a bit.

I wish I could tell you everything, but I can't. I'll spare you the details and try though.

This past week has been (surprisingly) really great. It's funny how much easier life is when you just move forward with faith and choose to do the right thing.

I'll backtrack a bit and tell you about my and Lyndsey's date last week first. Preface: I quite possibly have never been on a date that I've had that much fun with a girl before. I was scared that since other people weren't going to be there, it was going to be really awkward, but it turned out to be quite the opposite. Silly me; I always think the worst of things. We had dinner at this authentic Mexican place that I currently cannot remember the name of, but it turned out to be really, really delicious. We carried a conversation that sounded like we had known each other for years when we didn't so much as greet each other in our ward back home. She's a funny, easy-going girl and I really enjoy her company. Our waiter was quite the goofball, but I think she enjoyed him just as much as I did.

Afterwards we went bowling at "Fat Cats" or whatever it's called. At dinner Lyndsey kept telling me how bad she was at bowling and how it was going to be an embarrassment. I confessed that I was in a bowling league when I was in the third grade haha. So the odds were this: I was going to smoke her. So we made it in and yeah, she bowled like a typical beginner girl so I tried to help her out a bit with some tricks... not a good idea. She was hitting pins left and right like no one's business; even getting strikes! My mind was blown, she could barely make it to the pins earlier, let alone hit any of them. Finally we got to the last frame of our first came - I barely broke 100 and she was just short of 80, so I looked at her and I was like... "This is it, three strikes and you're at my level." So she goes to throw the bowl... strike one. My jaw... hit the floor. Lucky try. She goes to throw the ball again... strike two. Are you kidding me? Then, the moment she goes to throw her third ball (since it was the tenth frame) all the lights go off and the THX sound comes on; I just looked at her and started dying - it was almost like watching a movie. Actually, cosmic bowling was just starting for the night and they picked a grand time to start the light show. Anyway, she didn't end up making the strike just in case you were wondering. The second game (which was supposed to be her worse game of the two) she ended up whipping the sushi out of me. I could not believe it. I was trying really hard, and she was keeping up with me! Finally we get to the last few frames. I'm up by at least 30 pins and end at 113. Ninth frame for Lyndsey - strike. And again, gets two more strikes and then hits nine pins in the third frame - ends up getting 138! WHAT! I swallowed my pride and admitted to defeat... by a girl nonetheless. We had a few minutes to spare before our movie at the dollar theater so we took some photos in the photobooth on the way out, or well, we tried to take some. We put in the money and without warning the machine just starts counting down, but not from ten, from three! We have virtually no time to pose so we miss the second one too, and finally are fast enough to make the third and fourth one. That's half the fun though - the candid pictures are the best pictures.

Afterwards we went and saw Sherlock whatever and then hit the hay for church the next morning.

Sunday was Sunday was Sunday. It was a hard night, but has brought me so many blessings since.

Our ward had its first family home evening this Monday. I should try harder not compare wards because it's not the 52nd ward and no ward will ever be. Things are different now.

Every instance brings change, and in every change there are new opportunities for great outcomes. 

Bishop Grant promised it would be as great as we made it - so, I'm going to try and make it the best I can. It's kind of a weird ward; as far as numbers are concerned anyway. The guy-to-girl ratio is a bit off, but that's irrelevant. Lyndsey and I ended up in the same group and were volunteered to be in charge of sacrament meeting next week so that should be fun. I got to talk to Bishop Grant that night and got to know him really well I think. He's a great guy and made me feel so much better about everything; he comforted me probably more than anyone had been able to and I'm so thankful for that.

We had ward prayer the next day and of course, it was not the same. It wouldn't have been the same regardless. I again had to bite my tongue and try to not be biased and see the best in this ward because it really is a great ward. I've already made some great friends in it. Addison gave a great spiritual thought that really lifted me and was exactly what I needed to hear. He talked about what a person should do to be happy and four steps to becoming happy. I can't exactly remember all of them but the last one that he accented on was forgiving people. What a thing to consider. Forgiving people no matter how much they hurt you will actually make you more happy. More importantly, for me it was time to try to forgive myself. Holding this load on my back was not helping me to get over anything. Addison has probably been the person I've gotten closest to the quickest up here (aside of the roomslice of course). We have breakfast every morning and are weight training buddies so we've spent quite a bit of time in one another's company. It's been great, and I'm so thankful to have met him. It's funny how He takes care of you when you need Him. I lost one friend and it seems like everyone else just stepped in to help; not to replace of course - that friend is not replaceable.

The next day, after expressing how I was on my way to colorfully failing my basketball class, Addison and I went to shoot some hoops after weight training and he gave me some pretty good pointers that actually helped out a lot. That night was great. We had a reunion with the old wardies in Victoria's apartment. I couldn't explain to you how happy I was to see each one of them. They made a great dinner and the night was full of so much fun and games; it was just what I needed to continue to lift up my spirit. I hadn't laughed as much as I did that night in a really long time. I love and miss them all so much. Jordan also got his mission call that night to the Peru Cusco Mission. If I could have any wish in the world, it would've been to be there.

Life's lessons just keep hitting me left and right, but I'm coming out on top I think. Glee laid out my situation perfectly for me yesterday. There was a part in the movie where they started to talk about reputations and how it takes years to build a good reputation but only seconds to throw it all away.

I've learned so much these past few days and I'm actually happier than I've been in a really long time. Being honest to others and myself and doing the right things has helped me so much. Although there is loss, only some things are taken away. Loss helps people. It helps them to realize the things they take for granted. It helps them to appreciate. It helps them to grow. It's taught me a lot, and as much as I wish I could take back the things that happened, I don't think I would at this point.

I've become such a better person. I smile more, I laugh more, and I love Him more. And when I think I just can't go on anymore, He lifts me up. Just the other day when I needed it the most, I got a text from Jenna just telling me how she was thinking of me that day and how she just felt like she needed to tell me how much she loved me. That alone was enough strength to strengthen my spirit, testimony, and heart. Small and simple things like that help me the most.

I messed up, but it brought me to where I needed to be - on my knees. The past can't be rewritten; you get the life you're given. And truly it is never as bad as you some times think it is. The adversary has a way of taken your problems a small as pennies and holding them right in front of your eye to where it blocks everything else and seems to be the only things you can see, but when you take a few steps back, you see that it really is not as big as you think it is. I am not the sum of my problems, trials, and weaknesses and neither are you. I'm trying my best to become a better person, I hope that you can see that.

We're having a huge luau tonight with Helaman, Wyview, and Heritage and I'm really excited. It'll be a great opportunity to get to meet more people and become better friends with others.

Anyway it's time for me to get going, thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to look at the sign on our door on the way out. Come back again soon okay?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment