image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Not what I was expecting.

This weekend was shaping up to be really gay, but actually ended up being really... well I think will be really great.

My first Friday during spring semester here was quite the experience. From company from good friends to [car] wrecks with others, it was without a doubt... exciting.

I only had one class yesterday which was really nice; especially since that class usually won't be on Friday's after today. I woke up a bit late... like ten minutes before class started. So I broke world records, got ready, and made it to class; luckily, I didn't miss much.

Two hours is a really long time to have a class, but this girl I met that I sat next to sure makes it interesting. Her name is Arianne... but don't for one second think that's spelled right haha. She knew Heather last semester which is awesome I think. She's great to talk to and we walk the same way after class so it's really convenient. I'm really excited to get to know her better as the semester goes on.

Afterwards I had lunch in the abandoned cannon center and actually met someone that was on Nick and Ryan's old floor. He's a pretty cool guy; it's really nice to be able to make connections with people around here in the new ward. It seems like everyone I meet knows someone I knew before so it's a bit easier to make friends with people.

The rest of the afternoon was ridiculously unproductive aside of making it to the gym. Later on that night I ended up hanging out Natalie and the Tingeys. There's never a dull moment with them. Spencer's humor is just so insane because he comes up with the craziest things to say and do that no one would ever think of. They decided on Sushi Ya for dinner which I could absolutely not object to. I couldn't explain to you how sick I am of the canc food. It's not even that its bad, its just that I can't eat it. Sometimes I feel like I leave that place hungrier than I already am.

Anyway, we did a monstrous all-you-can-eat meal of sushi which was so much fun! It's just inevitable for Spencer and I to not be normal around each other. We had the best time ordering odd rolls, experimenting with pickled ginger (it's gross I wouldn't recommend it), and sharing fun stories. At one point in the night, I felt something cuddle around my legs and I got really, really scared. I looked down and screamed (inside my head) when I saw a dog playing with my legs. I wasn't scared, no, I was terrified. Just kidding, I just wasn't expecting it. Then the Asian hostess came over screaming and was like "Sorry about that! It's my little brother!" Have you ever seen Mulan? Perfect haha. Anyway we made it out in one piece with lots of laughs and full stomachs.


They got to show me their new (flowery) apartment which was absolutely hilarious. Er well not hilarious, just not what I was expecting. They had some great decorations but they have this flower border that goes across the walls by the ceiling which is absolutely... yes (as Spencer would say). I didn't stay too long because I needed to get back to get some work down and meet up with some people later on that night.. which didn't end up too well so we won't get into that.

Jordan and I were planning on hanging out today but instead his parents dragged him to Pocatello to see his brother's lacrosse game. I think he kind of felt bad about it but I thought it was really cool. I love when parents do that. I wish that my parents would have dragged my brother to some school events that I would've valued him to be there at.  Besides, how could I be mad at him for wanting to support his family?

Tonight will be way fun. The other day I was walking in the canc and I saw this girl who looked a lot like a girl from my home ward named Lyndsey. She was at BYUH though so there's no way it could've been her. Well, there was a way and it was her! I totally wasn't expecting to see her here but I'm really glad she is! So tonight I thought it'd be cool to catch up (er well I never reallly knew her to begin with so maybe just get to know her instead of catch up lol) and we're going out to dinner and going bowling. I'm way excited.

Today was also Lane and Audrey's wedding [reception]. I hope for the best for my old missionary and band-geek-companion! I love watching people get hitched.

Anyway, I need to get work done if I want to have a good time tonight. Things are finally starting to shape up here. Thank goodness.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment