image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

An in-cohesive string of lessons.

If someone has ever told you that everything happens for a reason, they're probably right.


Here's a cliff notes version of my day:
  • Late to basketball
  • Landed a job interview
  • Couldn't stay awake during New Testament
  • Showed the big guys what's up in weight training (after out-lifting guys double my size)
  • Great job interview
  • Super long psychology class (found another old 52nd ward-ie in there)
  • Had dinner with at the canc invaded by old women
  • Watched glee
Here's what I want to write about:

Profound point of the day - your greatest trials will give you your greatest blessings.

I learned too much tonight; this wasn't even about school, but about life in general. Life is by no means easy; it wasn't meant to be. We all are imperfect, thus we make mistakes. If I were to put this in modus ponens (a philosophy characterization) it'd look a little something like this:
  1. Mistakes come from imperfection.
  2. Humans are imperfect.
  3. Therefore, humans make mistakes.
Now I'm not a philosophy major but I did take a class and I'm pretty sure that's right. But that's aside of the point. Throughout my life, I've had to come to learn that premisem: people aren't perfect. Most important about that fact is that we must learn that we have no right to hold imperfection against someone (unless in extreme cases of course). Sure, people get hurt here and there, but what's important is learning from those mistakes and taking the lessons on throughout your life. I learned a very long time ago that turning your back on someone is easier but hurts more than just taking the harder option and forgiving in the first place. Besides, it's like Mat always used to tell me:
Nothing that's easy is ever worth it.
To the person who knows who they are: thank you for teaching me how to love. No I'm not talking about Disney prince and princess love, but genuine, sincere, unconditional love. You've given me one of the greatest gifts I could ever ask for. Here's one of my favorite quotes:
To love someone is nothing. To be loved by someone is something. To be loved by the one you love is everything.
Thank you so much for all you given me. Although it will take some time to patch things up, we will get back to where we need to be. We've grown stronger though, don't you doubt it. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and the best friend I've ever had; I'll never forget that you told me that tonight too. I can't wait for the future trips and times to spend together; especially for the day when we're both old drinking strawberry lemonade on some random porch. We're going to live a great life together and I'm glad that we went through what we went through tonight. I know that we'll continue to fill our lives with those things which matter most.
Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment