image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Two things essential to living a great weekend.

It's been awhile since I've seen you. Well I'm back so don't fret.

Basically, I've been very uncompelled to write a new blog lately. Days have been average. School has been average. Life has been average. It is what it is I guess. Last full week of school: done.

But question? Did senioritis follow me to college? Looks like it did, because I haven't gotten nearly anything done this week. Studying? Fail. Class? Fail. Practice? Fail. Guess I need to figure things out quick though. Finals are only a few days away and I've yet to crack a book to begin to study.

This weekend however has been document material for sure. I've realized two things:

1. The 52nd Ward
2. A good great friend.
First, we'll take number two since writers never do that.

So this weekend Jordan and I decided that we needed to hangout, so.. we did. I went to great lengths to travel to see this kid... I road the bus to Salt Lake and then the train thing to get to the city. Crazy stuff. Living in the BYU bubble where everyone is smart, Mormon, and white was definitely not my experience on either. People were just... different. I'd say that's a good way to put it. It was an experience for sure.

Finally I got to Gateway and went around and shopped for a little bit waiting for Jordan. Here's a funny story. So I went into Brookestone to play around with the gadgets and such waiting for Jordan. Finally he told me he was there so I went out and attempted to respond to his text while walking out the door. As I walked out the door though, I noticed that I wasn't walking through the door just as soon as I hit a glass wall where I thought the door was. Anyway I decided not to look around and see who saw and just walked out hearing laughter in the background. Slightly embarrassing but definitely one for the books.

Anyhow Jordan and I decided to go trigger happy and went and found some great places in Salt Lake City to get some pictures. The pictures came out great and we had a lot of fun getting them. These are just some of my favorites. After we were finished we went to town at the mall, just as my allergies decided to kick in. We had dinner and bought some clothes to wear to Stephanie's party in Park City and then we were out of there. We stopped by a drug store to get some meds to calm down my pollen fever and then managed to get lost on the way up there somehow... probably because three of streets we had to navigate on had "Deer Creek" or I think it was "Deer Valley" in them. Pretty ridiculous. We eventually made it and both were so drugged out the whole time that neither of us really enjoyed it; it was great haha. We stayed pretty late just playing games and chillin', making new friends. Finally I decided it was time to go home to Jordan's and it took us a long two some odd hours to get there because we were both falling asleep the whole time. Luckily we made it okay.

Woke up late the next morning and Jordan took me back to BYU just in time for the ward activity. Our ward is so amazing. It's just so incredible how social and how interactive everyone is with each other. There are cliques but they definitely are not defined boundaries. Everyone loves everyone and that's what's important. We all met and caravan-ed to the Apple's for our last ward party. They had an amazing backyard with a great view of the valley and so many things for us to do: everything from tables to sit in, volleyball, swings, basketball, but most importantly, great company. We had a great surprise when Julie B. Beck showed up (General Relief Society President), mostly for the girls but I felt it a great honor to be around her as well. She's just one of those people (as with most church leaders I'd assume) that I was feet away from, but still could feel the love she had for us all. We had some great food followed by great dessert and then a great end of the year slideshow. Best part of the night, they handed out plate awards to every single person. Some of the awards were very creative and obviously took a very long time to put together. All in all, the night was somewhat depressing but a great way to end the year.

Today of course was Sunday and another social event for the 52nd ward to meet again. I always enjoy this day with the ward-ies and had a great time making cookies with Taylor tonight and getting  a sparknotes version of "A Walk to Remember." Ward prayer as always was great too; could've seen that one coming. We took a huge ward picture that came out as a masterpiece. It will be one that I show my children for sure. Its weird that its ending so quickly even if we still have a couple weeks-ish left. I guess we just need to make the best of what we have. It will be so hard to leave this ward and hall behind has well as the great friends I've made.

Oh and here is Mike and my picture for the day. Sunday appropriate.

Megan gave a great spiritual thought today. She talked about how she had an experience of some sort and mentioned a saying that "angels come in the form of friends." Just thinking about how in this ward alone as well as my old ward, people have touched one another and how we've all welcomed each other into our lives to become better people. Each person has touched someone individually in their own way and I know that I'll take a piece of each person with me as I continue into the future. Of course things will never be the same, but all good things must come to an end. We still got some time left though. As Sarah Kron would say, "this ain't over til we say it's over."

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. (: you're perfect. i loved this post!
    running buddies + extravaganza planners = theee best friends to have!

    ReplyDelete