image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Here we go again.

It's been awhile. Since the semester ended, I've been idle but still very busy with things other than school. My long weekend was well... interesting.

Getting to Vegas late Wednesday night was almost surreal. Jordan and I got to my house near eleven at night after what seemed like the longest, most gloomy trip I'd ever been on. Leaving BYU was really hard, even though I knew I was coming back. The year was over and all my friends were going to their perspective homes across the nation. For the most part, I wouldn't see these kids for years if even ever again. I'm never really good at goodbyes. I was really lucky to have Jordan with me because I would have just been depressed the whole weekend filling trash cans upon trash cans with kleenex.

After we got in we decided to get straight to bed because I wanted to make it to Palo early the next morning to bid farewell to all my teachers for the next couple years. We needed to get up by six in the morning (goodness) but of course, although we went to sleep at midnight we didn't get to bed until close to four sharing secrets and this-is-what-I-did-when-I-was-stupid stories.

My dad woke me up the next morning and we made our way to the Palo with my little brother. I felt really, really bad dragging Jordan around to go see all my teachers because we were so exhausted and I knew he could care less. It was eerie being back at that time at Palo and it really just made me realize how ready I was to leave that place. No matter how much I miss being a big part of that school, I would never go back. After saying hello to a few teachers we went to breakfast at Einstein's,  got Mama White some flowers at the Vons right next door, and then went back to Palo for round two. It was kind of funny to watch Jordan get immersed in Summerlin culture. Summerlin is well, it's own little world infested with the highest class of individuals you'll probably find on the west coast. If you think that's an overstatement, you are highly uninformed, trust me and for that matter, Jordan too because now he knows. The land where every other car that passes you is a Jaguar, Mercedes, or Lexus and where 16 year-olds don't drive used Honda Civics but brand new Hummers and Ferraris. But that's aside of the point.

Anyway after spending nearly the whole day at Palo, we went to Auntie Liz's to have lunch and of course, she treated us with my favorite: Auntie's fajitas. She's seriously the best cook in the family and I was so glad to spend lunch with her. I also had to say bye to grandpa too since I probably wouldn't see him before my mission. After, we came back home and took a happy-nappy (as my old roomslice would say) and then went out to dinner at P.F. Changs.  I was pretty sure that's when Jordan fell in love with my quirky family. I was slightly embarrassed the whole time but people seem to love watching my family's diverse personalities in action. I would try to explain it to you but instead I'll just invite you to dinner sometime and you can see for yourself; it's sure an experience. Later on that night, I treated Jordan to see Blue Man Group because well, you just can't go to Vegas without watching some kind of show on the strip. It's the fourth time I've seen the show in the past two years and it never gets old. Without a doubt, he enjoyed it and I was really happy. You can't not enjoy the Blue Man Group. We got a terrible picture on my phone because I forgot my camera; he even marked my forehead and Jordan's cheek. I think they are so great because they accent awkwardness and transform it into the greatest form of entertainment and comedy. We made it back late that night and hit the hay and fell asleep without talking for more than an hour, probably for the first time ever.

Friday was gay. From here on out pretty much, the weekend was gay. People were gay. Plans were gay. Everything was just... gay.

We woke up around ten the next morning and decided that going to the gym was completely necessary because we were gaining lots and lots of weight (or at least he was because I don't seem to have that luxury). So we went and worked out for a bit then went on a little run (which might as well have been a full marathon for Jordan) (sorry Jordan) (I was just kidding) (I still love you) and then we stopped by Taylor's house to pick up some things that I forgot in her car. Jordan was disappointed that we didn't get to see Andre Agassi playing tennis since that seems to be a common thing for Taylor's neighborhood. I had a dental appointment coming up pretty quick so we didn't have long to mess around there. We headed back and Jordan got some alone time while I went to get my gums annihilated by that hook thing (I think it's called a scaler?).

We were supposed to go to Mandalay Bay that day but that fell through because of timing and traffic. So we just went shopping at the Meadow's Ghetto's Mall and then to some other places where we found Jordan the SICKEST (yes it looks that good on him) Ralph Lauren polo. I wish you could see him in it. It would make you weak-in-the-knees, I promise. Later that night we went and got some frozen yogurt at Yogurt Land with Taylor and her little sister Jaden. It was a nice little short get together but they had to be home early and so we ended up with nothing to do. I tried really hard to find things to do that night with Jordan, but aside of a few parties that were bad news for us, there wasn't much going on. I felt horrible. It probably didn't help that I was still depressed from goodbye's, so Jordan decided that we would just spend the night in and watch a movie.

We watched Forever Strong about a rugby team in Highland, UT. I'd summarize it for you but this blog is already starting to be way too long. It's a great movie though, and you should watch it. Something really interesting happened during the movie though. I've found that since I've gotten my mission call, weird things have been happening in my life. Lots of unexpected tragedies and lots of strong temptations. In the middle of the movie my phone started to go off the hook with girls asking for very strange things from me. Jordan and I just watched my phone vibrate off the hook as these three girls continued to text me the whole night.

Jordan was too tired to make it with to the gym with me the next morning so I woke him up a little later and we headed to Fashion Show mall to make up for an unsuccessful shopping spree the previous day. I got (finally) my own pair of Toms and another pair of shoes as well as some new tops. Then we headed over to Jason's swim meet. It really made me miss swimming a lot with all the excitement but again, not enough to go back. Afterwards, we got dropped off at Mandalay Bay to raid the beach with Natalie after not being able to make it the day before. We had a lot of fun in the wave pool and lazy river and Jordan got to layout for a bit (I skipped out on that one).

On our way home I called a bunch of BYU kids to come over and chill for the night to try to throw a little party for Jordan and see all the kids that I was missing from BYU. We wanted to go bowling that night too but mom ended up being too tired so we just stayed in and had a generic Corpuz family dinner coupled with retarded conversation and dumb jokes. After, I had to figure out our ride situation since our previous ride had bailed; after two hours of stressing things finally measured out. Ten o'clock rolled around and we waited for everyone to show up. Of course, no one came aside of Josh and Elina; the only two that ever come through in anything. It was nice being able to catch up and see Josh for probably the last time. Then after getting over the fact that everyone was being gay for the night, we decided to go and get frozen yogurt again. I was left again feeling like absolute crap. I was trying really hard to show Jordan a good weekend yet instead everything was falling through. I was a bit disturbed by the text messages I was getting now especially when one of the girls started to try to destroy my and Jordan's friendship. Weird right?

We got back to my house and decided to watch the Goofy movie and picked up some sweet quote's from it. I've never seen Jordan laugh so much in his life; for the first time that night I felt like I had done something right.

The next morning was stake conference which, of course, was hard to stay awake for since we were up until three the night before being ourselves (you can just assume that part by now). It was great to be able to see some people from church and hear some great talks. Afterwards we had lunch and then I took Jordan to mass to show him a little of my old religion. It was nice to be in a familiar place--for me, and both of us I guess for that matter, it just didn't feel right. When the mass ended, we went [in peace] to go see Jordan's family across town. They were great people and very intrigued to get to know me; it made me really happy.

We talked for probably a little longer than we should have and then made it back to Summerlin for fondu dinner at Auntie Liz's. We left in time to stop by the temple real quick which was really great. There's just no much more beauty in the world aside of the angels in the architecture of LDS temples. It was completely necessary since I was home to do fondu at Auntie Liz's--its like tradition. I was really sad that my cousin Farah was working that night because it's just not the same without her. It was still fun nonetheless though. After dinner we skyped baby Matthew and then made it back home so that Jason could get to bed.

When we got him, sh.. stuff hit the fan and the girl trying to butcher mine and Jordan's friendship (apparently because she was jealous?) (we don't know why she was doing it either) was pulling out all the stops. She really offended both of us so Jordan finally told her off and then we were done. She failed terribly and if anything just brought us closer together. So to her, thank you. Anyway we decided to watch Avatar since my parents just bought the Bluray, but I ended up just sleeping through it so we migrated upstairs and spent a typical, last night together.

I woke up early that morning to say bye to dad and Jason but then rolled back into bed for a few more hours. Even though I was just going to sleep in the car we were up pretty late the night before as usual. We ended up waking up around 9:30am-ish and then went to the gym for the last time. Afterwards we stopped by Palo to say bye to little Jack. I love that kid so much. I met him at the end of last year as one of the incoming freshman. He makes me want to be a good person and stay a good person so that I can be a good role model to him. He's going to do great things in this world, I know he will. Anyway afterwards we packed up, said bye to my mom, and that was it.

We got to Provo around 7:00pm last night and Jordan and my new roommate helped me move in. Here's a funny short story:
So I ended up in a random rooming situation again for Spring which I was absolutely not excited about. After we got my key at the canc and went to my new room I was just so worried that I was going to get a weird roommate that I wouldn't get along with. So I opened the door and lone behold, my new roommate was in there asleep. As he began to sit up to see who was coming in and the covers fell off his face, I nearly wet myself. I looked a little harder through the dark... it was Chandler! From my old hall! What are the odds? I lucked out big time.
Anyway, we spent the rest of the night moving in and getting stuff out of storage. Jordan and I had one last dinner together which he paid for himself... he hadn't caught on by now that I was going to pay for him the whole weekend because he was my guest still but whatever haha. Not much longer and Jordan was headed home and I was alone for the first time in a really long time.

It was really hard watching him leave. He had eased the pain of goodbyes so much and now saying goodbye to him was really a cherry on top. I mean, I know he's just an hour away, but he had been the source of all my comfort that weekend so naturally, I had a rather rough time after he left. After I finally got myself composed I finish moving in and got to bed.

This weekend wasn't exactly what I wanted it to be. I wanted it to be the best for Jordan, but it really wasn't even close. Everything I had planned fell through, people were bailing left and right, and things just didn't go how I wanted them to. I felt so bad, I couldn't even explain. The weekend I took Nyal and Preston things were just flawless and we had such a great time. I just wanted it to be like that, but it was a weird weekend with weird timing I guess. I was really disappointed with myself and felt really unappreciated but I guess there's no need to feel that way or make myself feel that way. I just wish it could have been better, but I guess things can always be better right?

School started today. Me and Chandler coordinated our schedules together and ended up having New Testament with all the old wardies! I was so happy to see Sterling and Jessie, you can't even imagine. Psychology will be killer but I think I'll stick to it. It's kind of nice to have a fresh start with this semester but at the same time I'm dreading doing work. Here we go again.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. that's insane that chandler's your roommate!
    slash you're lucky to be back in provo (: it's not the same but i'm sure it'll still be just as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left out the part where you stalked us all night and then saw Blue Man Group without us :'(

    ReplyDelete