image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

[G-g-g-GET OUT THE CAR.]

Sit back and relax, this is going to be a long one: extreme weekend recap.

I wouldn't doubt it, but this will probably resemble some sort of Harry Potter novel so my apologies for inpatient folk.

Friday started out quite scary. I had no plans. Lucky for me, good friends like Ms. Thomas make sure that my life is still somewhat exciting. It was the infamous Brooke Lebaron's surprise birthday party that night at of course, Brad's place. Brad's grandparent's house and I have many strong memories. I spent my first night at college there and some-odd nights there throughout the year for various get-togethers. It was nice to be there again and remember the beginnings of this year. Anyhow before Brooke's party I had planned to get some homework done until I decided to invite Brigham over and be used-to-be-band-nerds together. I was absolutely infatuated with the program that Nevada's All-State Band is playing this year because we played nothing but classical crap last year. Namely Angels in the Architecture by Frank Ticheli and Aurora Awakes by John Mackey. Our director from LSU last year was insane and picked five extremely hard and nonetheless boring pieces for us to play and what was usually my favorite time of the year, because my most hated. Anyhow, I was extremely excited for the NMEA All-State Band and had to show someone this music, thus--Brigham. So for two and half hours we reminisced and shared band experiences and songs we played together and such; yes sad, but nonetheless proud. Not much longer and the time rolled around for Elina to pick me up and head over to Brad's with of course Stephanie and Joshua. The party was great and much fun. I didn't know too many people but did make some new friends. Brooke is just a character. Never a dull moment that's for sure. The best part of course being Stephanie's musical number(s) for the night. For your viewing pleasure:



I love that girl. She [like a certified stripper] makes everything just fine and dandy. By the way that is an inside joke, don't take that literally. Brooke had quite the gift as well. Nathan and some of the other guys from Budge 1100 caught a duck for her and accidently unleashed it in Brad's house, not a good idea but funny nonetheless. We waited until midnight to all wish Brooke a great birthday. Then Brad had to pack so he kicked us all out.

The next day (Saturday), was the famous Krishna Festival of Colors at the Hindu temple in Spanish Fork. The previous night, my roommate invited me to go with the other guys in the hall to both of the festivals (because there was a 1:00pm and 4:00pm) so of course I agreed and went. I really didn't want to go to both but figured that I had nothing better to do. Now, for those of you who do not know what happens at this festival, here is what it is in a nutshell:

we

throw

chalk.

Yes, chalk. And yes, at one another. And yes again, it gets in your mouth, in your eyes, and stains everything you're wearing. Fun? Without a doubt. The best part would be the countdown to wear everyone throws their chalk at the same time. The first round was insane. None of us had ever gone through it before so we had no idea what to expect. Here's what happens. The guy on the mike counts down from twenty and then everyone throws their chalk in the air. By everyone, I'm talking a few thousand people. No big deal. When he got to zero, the sun disappeared and it got really dark. A cloud of color came up and enveloped all of us and after freaking out for a second, we all went insane and embraced the culture and started throwing it at each other and hugging one another once again. Believe it or not, this is supposed to be an act of showing love. I dig. Here's the context.

There was a demoness many years ago who was burning children... I think that's how it goes anyway. So she goes to eat this kid and he says this some crazy phrase and the fire ends up consuming her or something like that. Don't quote me on this story.
Anyway so the whole festival the music was surrounded around chanting that phrase and what not and I'm not quite sure how throwing chalk got thrown in but it's all good. It was a good time. We drove back and courtesy of the thousands of attending people, traffic provided took us an hour some odd minutes to get home when it should've only taken us twenty. No big.




Later that night was definitely a treat. I failed to mention earlier but I got a text on Friday after watching Community with Zach from one of my favorite people on the planet: Katrina! I took Katrina to prom last year and met her through some friends back in Vegas. Anyway! She was in town and wanted to hangout! I saw her at the festival of colors and then we decided to get together for the night. So I called up Aaron and we all collaborated and had a chill night at "S P ^ R K" and then went and checked out this haunted "Church" which actually turned out to be a lodge and then just went home. I was being pretty lame because I was worn out from earlier festivities but it was a great night nonetheless.

[G-g-g-GET OUT THE CAR.]

End.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment