image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

One letter.

What a day.


Finals fever is finally roaming BYU campus and its not stopping. Reviews, studying, cramming, papers... here we go.

Well, today was the day. It made going through the day, however, extremely rough. But I anticipated that and iCal-ed like no one's business the night before. My schedule today (as for the next few days) was planned to the most minute detail. I had reviews planned one of top of the other along with many, many items of business to take care of.

Wake up late much? Only when you're up until 4am it seems (and it also seems like that's where this night is headed as well). I barely made it to my 10 o'clock Calc review but I'm glad I did. I felt a lot more prepared than I thought I was after sitting through that review. I mean a couple things here and there to spruce up but nothing completely deranged. 

Afterwards I did work at the bookstore and picked up a few gifts and cards for people since I had nothing better to do. After wasting enough time with that item of business, I had to rehearse with Sarah for the song that we're singing at ward prayer on Sunday. It's going to be extremely sad but will be a hit I'm sure. Then it was off to lunch and then a philosophy review.

During my review, I found out that J was definitely doing a better job at anticipating my call more than I was. I stepped on to facebook for not even three minutes until I heard that lame pop sound signifying a facechat proposal; lone behold, it was the bestie inquiring of my mission call. I almost had forgot about it... well not really haha. I actually stopped by the Cannon Center on the way to that review to check what time the mission calls were coming and they said 3:30pm so Jordan was right on the money. So of course you can imagine what I did during that review? Actually I did pay attention for 75% of the time aside of the 25% that J.C. decided to distract me. It was finally time for the review to be over so I headed out and to the math lab to get some extra help.

I waited anxiously in there for awhile because they supposedly call when your mission call comes in but I never got a call and we were pushing 4pm. So I waddled down there to check to see if maybe perhaps people were just slacking, and indeed that turned out to be the case. My call was there! It was a crazy feeling to hold it in my hands finally. The one letter that was going to change my life.

I locked it up and told everyone to meet at 930pm in Merrill to open it.

The rest of the night actually went by really quick, had dinner, studied so bio, rehearsed with Bri, and had practice and before I knew it, it was time to open my call!

It was a slightly broken group of people anxiously waiting and more nervous then I was. I was surprised by a few and disappointed by some, but happy and content overall. It was great to be able to share the moment. I could sit here and describe it but this video does a better job I think.

[Hey Jordan, stop laughing.]

So that's that! I'm really excited! It's not quite Ilocos Norte where my parents from but jeez at least its really close! I'm really excited really ready to just get the heck out of here. It's weird to think that I actually have my call now and everything. I leave on July 14, which is exactly three months from today so not too bad; I have a lot of time left. I can't wait to learn to speak Tagalog and understand all the bad things my parents have been stabbing into me my whole life and be able to teach the people where my heritage claims. It's going to be an experience for sure.



Appropriately called to serve.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Eric! I am SO happy and excited for you! You will be a great missionary and will have an amazing experience! Good luck with finals and getting through these next few months before you leave! This is such an awesome time in life and I hope you really enjoy it!

    Valerie Kukahiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Valerie! I'm really excited and couldn't have done it without you guys!

    ReplyDelete