image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M ERIC CORPUZ|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|LIVE YOUR DREAM|SHARE YOUR PASSION

Nothing out of the norm.

I guess sometimes its hard to realize that in the big scheme of things, everything always seems to work out for the better. If not better then either way they workout--plainly.

This week lacked any reason for documentation of events. Aside of crazy weather and my concert, there really wasn't much that went on.

I'm home in Vegas now and it is basically just what the doctor ordered. As much as I miss the snow in Provo, the weather here is just perfect. Low seventies, sunshine, and cool breeze; not to mention gorgeous Summerlin landscape... how'd I ever leave this place? It's my brother's birthday today, Easter tomorrow, and general conference weekend of course--what more could I ask for?

My little brother came up and shadowed me at BYU the past couple days but mainly came to see my last band concert. The concert itself went undoubtedly well... aside of the last song anyway. It was just one of those "I'm so glad this is over" things. We had never gone through all the songs consecutively before and underestimated exactly how tiring it would be to get through all of them. By the time we got to our last song, I'm pretty sure the majority had DGAF written across our foreheads. I was really happy my family was able to make it but was slightly disappointed by a few people who said they would be there. At the same time though, stunned to see faces I didn't expect. It's definitely one of those things where you find who really cares to support you given there wasn't a good excuse that they weren't there. Although I did feel slapped in the face by some, I felt sincere love from others.

Clouds and fake snow invaded Provo for the next couple of days. Nothing really out of the norm happened I guess, it was great to have my family in town though. Having them at my concert was almost just like old times. On Thursday I took Jason around with me to do homework and go to classes and let him get a taste of what I go through every day. That night we went and got to swim with Mike and the played wallyball and some games with some of my old friends. It was quite the chill time. Playing all those games though reminded all of us how things were at the beginning of the year around NSO. It's weird to think things are finally winding down and we only have one more week of instruction left. Although I am ready for this year to end, it will be hard to say goodbye to a few good people.

There is something though that I won't overlook to write about though. Its just funny sometimes how things workout and to see where people end up in your life. As cliche as it is, I've found so much truth in this saying:

When one door closes, another one always opens.
This past week I've come to find strong friendships in many unexpected people. I've learned that its not about who you want to have friendships with, but who will give you meaningful friendships. I've realized in this past week how genuine and strong the friendships I've held onto from my old ward are, as well as the couple that I've made in the new ward. The 52nd ward has just been hard because I jumped in right in the middle when grounds had already been established. Yet there have been few that have taken me under their wings and provided me their mutual affection. Recently, I've found to appreciate my friendship with Jordan the most though. Being able to be there for each other these past weeks has really helped us to find solace and confidence in one another. I've never had so much fun talking to someone in my life. This next weekend we've planned is going to be super legit. I'm definitely looking forward to what the future brings for us.

As for now, my little brother's birthday party is going on right now so I should probably not be rude and join on in.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Yeah buddy. Completely agree. And yes, next weekend will indeed be epic! Stay sweet man :)

    ReplyDelete